Thursday, June 16, 2011

What Is Heaven and How Do I Get There

I see Heaven as a place where we eventually belong or not. This notion that we can simply say, “I believe” and be saved by grace regardless of our actions, too is a fantasy. Seemingly, it quarrels with the opposing notion that we can never “merit” heaven. The truth is a combination of the two. An NBA player gets to play on that level because he can. He belongs. I, for instance, do not belong in the NBA. My eternal presence in Heaven will be due to the fact that I will “fit in.” Someone’s earthly perspective may be that I could never earn “all that the Father hath,” but that’s none of his business. It is up to the Father, what He gives and why. In like manner, my kids may not seem to deserve all I give them, but it’s mine to give/mine to decide. Returning to the point, in Heaven, I will either be able to “play” at that level or I won’t, now or then.

No comments:

Post a Comment