Wednesday, June 8, 2011

An Excuse for Weiner

I've heard all over the airwaves today about how Anthony Weaner is "sick."  Because of his sickness, this married man was compelled to send naked pictures of himself to that twenty something girl.  He couldn't help himself.  Frankly, I heard both Hannity and Michael Savage, both of whose opinions I respect, say things along those lines.

As part of our desire to evade responsibility, we've bought into this idea that all bad behavior is caused by "sickness."  "I'm sick and that sickness drove me to (fill in the blank,) for which I bear no responsibility because, as I mentioned, I'm sick." 

I reject this notion outright.  We are responsible for our actions.  Weiner is responsible for his.  His grandmother would slap his face; ours would slap our faces if we tried to use the sickness excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment