Monday, June 13, 2011

Illegal Aliens

Years ago I read a column at theobjectivestandard.com that affected my views permanently, when it comes to illegal aliens.  I welcome our friends from other countries, including Mexico.  I think they should be allowed to stay, with a few conditions.  First, go back the border and submit to a background check for past criminal activity in our country or any country.  Easier said than done, but if you have a record, you're not welcome.  Also, they must submit to medical screening for communicable diseases.  Under these conditions and perhaps others, I'm willing to let them in initially; not as citizens, but as guest workers.  I also consider them ineligible for state or federal welfare, free healthcare, free school, not to mention in-state tuition rates.  A path to citizenship for those here illegally might be considered through military service and, of course, through existing legal channels, which should include English and cultural (civic/constitutional) proficiency.   I'm not interested in a bunch of "Little Mexicos" dotting the landscape.  If you don't know our language and aren't well-versed in our capitalistic society, you're only hurting yourself.

As a side note, I'm FOR racial or any other type of profiling.  It's necessary, under what I've proposed above, to drive them through legal channels.  But more importantly, me MUST profile middle-eastern types in all situations.  This is in the interest of preserving our very lives.  We've got to stop denying the reality that, while not all Muslims are terrorists, nearly all terrorists are Muslim.

No comments:

Post a Comment