Thursday, December 15, 2011

Distilling Ron Paul's "Foreign Policy"

Rush disparaged RP's foreign policy once again today.  So I'm compelled to make a follow up post. 

Foreign Policy is just a deliberately intimidating phrase some numbskull in Washington came up with. It simply refers to a way of dealing with people.  So let's get over it and begin to think for ourselves instead of listening to those who project themselves as way smarter than we are.  I mean journalists, talk show hosts and other pundits and talking heads.

Ron Paul says our actions led to the attacks against us on 9/11.  This is not to excuse or justify the murders of our fellow Americans that took place that day.  What he means is, we did some things they didn't like so in response they committed some horrific, evil acts.

Let's distill this down to the local level to make it more understandable.  Let's say I live on your block in your neighborhood.  The neighborhood consists mostly of small abodes, some of them barely inhabitable shacks.  You live in one of those shacks; yours happens to be on the corner.  I live in the middle of the block in a huge mansion.  I'm rich and powerful.  You're not.  I figure there's a chance that thieves, rapists and murderers will try to enter the neighborhood.  Since you're on the corner, I figure that's a strategic spot to set up some neighborhood defenses; say, a small bunker with a machine gun.  You're not happy about it, but I elbow my way into your yard.  After all, it makes you and me safer, right?  Well, you make it clear you want me off of your property.  I won't leave.  So you blow up my house, killing part of my family.  It's obvious that your crime of murder is much more heinous than my crime of trespassing.  But it's hard to argue against the fact that my actions led you to yours.  You're not excused or justified.  But, in hindsight, I can see that maybe it wasn't right for me to violate your individual inalienable (read: God-given) right to private property.

Here's another example:  The mayor of an affluent, neighboring town disagrees with what we allow to go on in our town.  The women are too immodest, too many people own guns, the church is teaching false doctrine, the divorce laws are too lax.  The neighboring town sends its police over and they capture and kill our mayor.  And install a new mayor of their choosing.  Are we okay with that?

What if China invaded us, out of concern for our underprivileged working class, and they imposed communism?  Yea!  They saved us from ourselves!  Thanks, China! 

To repeat: even when you're right, it's wrong to force others to do what you think is right. 

Evil dictators and regimes murder their people overseas.  It's terrible.  But they're adults.  They have to solve their own problems.  It's not possible for us to police the world.  And HELLO, look at the disastrous results when we try.  Vietnam, anyone?  How are things in Egypt?  "Palestine?"  Libya?  Korea?  Iraq?  Afghanistan?  We take out one evil regime, only to see it replaced by another, often worse evil regime.  If you watched the video in my last post, you know we've done this several times in Iran.  What are we, Mrs. Kravitz?  Let's get our noses out of other people's business.

Ron Paul just wants us to bring our troops home from Japan, Germany, Afghanistan, etc. and strengthen our home defenses.  Let's make America an impenetrable fortress and let those other sleeping dogs lie.  Besides, we can't afford it.

No comments:

Post a Comment